I need your opinions
After the posts by Donna and myself, I’ve decided that I should make books a larger part of the site. I’d like to do more posts about books and reading. What I’d like your opinion on is the structure of those posts.
- Should I review books I read?
- Should I open a discussion about a book?
I can see pros and cons for both of those. I’m just not sure what you’d rather see here. That’s why I’m asking you.
What’s the difference?
This is how I imagine these working. If you have other ideas please let me know.
- I would choose a book, or let you vote on a book.
- I’d read it and take a few notes.
- I’d come back to the blog and write up a review. It’s pretty straight forward.
- I would choose a book, or let you vote on a book. That’s the same.
- I’d write a post on the blog to announce what the book is.
- A reading deadline would be set. That way people know when the discussion will start, and will know when to finish the book.
- People that want to join in would, I hope, read the book.
- After the reading deadline I’d come back here and officially open the discussion. I would include some of my opinions and my questions about the book. It wouldn’t be a full review though.
- I would update the post with some, or all, of the relevant comments from the discussion for a period of time. This would make the relevant comments about the book easier to find and make things easier on people taking part. A long list of comments can be hard to follow sometimes.
What do you think?
Does this sound like something you’d be interested in? Do you have any other ideas? I’d appreciate your thoughts on this. I’d really like to make this site something we could all enjoy together.
[tags]Fandoms, Books, Opinion, Blogging, Book Discussions, Book Reviews, Book Club, FanaticSpace[/tags]